Saturday 5 July 2014

Battle update

Well I started to feel the pressure today.  Just under 3 weeks until Astro, and I still have quite a bit of work to do.  I did get a game in against Tim today.  Dawn of War deployment, Purge the Alien primary objective, and The Relic as secondary objective.  He played a Spawn rush army....basically 3 units of Plague Marines in rhinos, a Lord on bike with power fist and lightning claw, and 3 units of Nurgle Spawns.
The army is fast and hits hard.....but the Warhost is faster....and well in the end was 1 model away from tabling Tim (I also had VERY few models left on the table)


I feel good about the army, except for the Shining Spears.  I just don't know how to play them properly.....I know they are a supportive/counter attack unit, but I want to be so aggressive with them.  I just end up handing my opponent a free kill point.  After some discussion with a few players after the game, I have decided to remove them from the list and replace them with a unit of Warp Spiders.
So after 4 games, the Saim Hann Warhost is 3W-1L-0D.  I will probably be able to get 2 may be 3 more games in before Astro.....and I would really love to have some momentum and confidence going into the weekend.

Alpharius

No comments:

Post a Comment