Friday 18 July 2014

Down the home stretch

9 days to go.....argggg.....9 days to go.

I barely had any productive hobby time this week. 6am start times have really put a damper on my painting schedule.  That being said I have completed my bases and been able to get 90% of my bike riders completed.....which brings me to next problem....I have realized that I only have 3 squads of riders converted and painted.....not sure what caused that mental lapse, but now I need to deal with it.




So the plan is as follows: Assemble the last squad of riders tonight (I am penciled in for a game against Ridvan). By Sunday finish painting the riders, Autarch, and Warp Spyders.....this may be a stretch but I REALLY need to achieve this.  Next week will be dedicated to building my display board, and getting my fluff finished.

My week produced 2 games. First was against Evan and his Astra Tempestus (???) allied with an Imperial Knight.  We played a non-Astro scenario.  Game ended top of turn 4 with the Saim Hann Warhost over running the Scions.....once again mobility and superior fire power have won the day.
Second game was against Justin and his Daemons.  Justin is going to Astro as well so this was a great primer game for both of us.  We played Field of Screams.  Mission objective was Victory Points....the catch is that everything (except for a 6inch border around the board) was both difficult AND dangerous terrain.  Justin had large blob style units that fell victim to movement.  The game was a blood bath, Justin had about 350 points left on the board and I had about 700 points left on the board.  In the end, I had a solid victory, and have assured my confidence level with the Warhost.

W6, L1, D0

 
 
Until next time (hopefully with a finished army)
 
Alpharius

No comments:

Post a Comment