Thursday 25 September 2014

The Next Chapter

Well Toronto Astronom-con 2014 has come and gone (been almost 2 months to the day).  I ended up placing 3rd overall, which is a pretty huge accomplishment for me.  I had 6 absolutely amazing games, against 6 absolutely amazing players (which is honestly the way any tournament should be)
In the end I walked away with some hardware, Best Sportsman! And I new group of friends from Stratford.  Thanks Ridvan for being you.....and letting your old mates, and new ones take pokes at your heritage and dirty habits! (all in good fun)


So.....With Astro out of the way it brings me to a new year (my hobby calendar revolves around Astro so the Monday after is day one of the new hobby year for me)....or new Chapter.


You see the word "chapter" is a play.....It's a new chapter in my hobby book....and possibly a new space marine chapter as well.


I have plans for yet another space marine army.  Big problem is that I'm undecided as to how to paint them.  I have thought of continuing my Alpha Legion, however, I want to change my colour scheme.  So if I plan on changing my colour scheme, my thought process is that I should change Chapters as well.


My choices are as follows:


Soul Drinkers (Purple with Black trim)
Crimson Sabres (Red with White shoulder pads and back packs)
Lamenters (Yellow with black trim with black/white checkered patterns)


Possible Choices are:
Pre-heresy World Eaters
Mantis Warriors


I will probably have the chapter nailed down within a few weeks, the goal is to have an army that can swing either way (I really seem to like doing that).  It gives me the option of either using the Loyalist Space Marine Codex, or the Chaos Space Marine Codex.  Really it depends on what units I want in the army (or transports)


As it stands right now, I have 10 terminators (loaded up as CSM) with a "counts as" Abaddon model, a couple of 10 man troop squads (either tactical or normal CSM/Chosen), a couple of 5 man troop squads, 2 heavy weapon squads (either devastators or havocs).  Somewhere in the mix I can add a Storm Eagle (which I would LOVE to) and a couple of Ironclad Dreadnoughts or Helbrutes (they are Contemptor Dreadnoughts with double close combat weapons)




I will have pics with my next update (for some reason I cannot upload right now).....hopefully with a decision made as well......chime in and let me know where your vote lies!


Alpharius


No comments:

Post a Comment